Web Design for AdviceFirst
AdviceFirst help thousands of people stay on track, by offering expert advice. Their advice helps both individuals with their personal finance, as well as businesses with superannuation and insurance. And, since their recent merg with POD Consulting, they now also offer exceptional HR services.
Fast, yet effective, web design
AdviceFirst’s immediate requirement was a speedy turn around time. The teams goals were being hinderd by the existing site, largely due to an unresponsive web design, so time was of the essence. Without detracting from important decisions, precise code and indepth research, we needed to launch a 200 page website, ASAP.
Thanks to the efficient team at AdviceFirst, our super streamined internal processes were able to make it happen. We created and adhered to a strict timeline. This made internal communication and sign offs within their large organisation far easier to manage.
Mobile friendly web design
Given Googles recent algorithm change, a mobile friendly web design is no longer a nice-to-have. Responsive web designs are an essential for every business, including AdviceFirst. Having already felt the impact since the mobile-first indexing started, AdviceFirst were eager to see this functionality in place.
Improving customers experiences
While there are many reasons to redesign a website, AdviceFirst were strategic in identifying pain points that needed solving. These largely revolved around usability:
- Improving the financial adviser searching tool, so that it was easy for all age demographics to locate the ideal financial adviser, quickly;
- Improving the overall search feature, again making sure that website visitors could find what they wanted without a fuss, making all interactions with the website positive and inline with their core values;
- And of course the introduction of the mobile friendly web design as mentioned above, allowing potential clients to interact seamlessly with their website, regardless of their device type.
Improving Local SEO
AdviceFirst have offices located throughout the country. Part of our researched SEO recommendations was to improve the way that each office location was delivered to Google.
When it comes to local search (when your target market is restricted by location i.e. finding an Auckland dentist instead of one in Brisbane), there is a right way, and a wrong way. Increased visibility for local searches on Google does not happen by default.
Alongside our SEO strategoy to retain and improve their existing organic ranking, we bolstered their local presence for all offices throughout the country.
A custom WordPress web design
The web design for AdviceFirst was created from the ground up. The advantages of a custom design, particularly with WordPress are:
- The ability to align perfectly with pre-existing branding materials;
- Increased flexibility in terms of web design as well as website functionality;
- A reduction in WordPress plugins needed, which in turn reduces security risks;
- A faster performing website, as unnecessary WordPress theme code is not present throughout the site;
- The ability to introduce complex or restrictive website development without being hindered by Plugins.
Web Design, SEO, Web Hosting, Web Support, Web Development
Auckland, Bay of Islands, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hamilton, Hawkes Bay, Invercargill, Nelson, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Tauranga & Wellington